Job Openings » Club Dj
Club Djby Pub X
Disc Jockey (DJ) Duties and ResponsibilitiesDisc Jockey (DJ) job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Operate lighting and visual effects in time to the beat
- Experience on handling Dj equipment
- Play and mix records in clubs or bars, to create atmosphere or keep people dancing
- Choose music to suit your audience’s taste and the venue’s music policy
- Create your own sounds by manipulating beats, using samples, adding extra music and sound effects
- Work with an MC/Hypeman who raps or sings over the music.
- Choose the music to be played
- Keep up an entertaining and natural flow of chat
- Operate studio equipment to play music, pre-recorded news, jingles and advertisements (known as ‘driving the desk’)
- Keep to a very tight timing schedule
- Demonstrable experience as a DJ.
- Familiarity with classic and recent music outputs.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Well-honed research, improvisation, and time management abilities.